Mount Meru, the fifth-highest peak in Africa measures 4556 m above sea level. As it comprises of National park and the mountain, it provides the best opportunities for wildlife spotting, Momela lake and Mt. Kilimanjaro If the sky is clear. Trekking to Mt. Meru is much preferred as the best activity for acclimatization for Mt.Kilimanjaro
Day 0: Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha
You will meet our driver(s) at Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO), transfer to Tulia hotel & SPA in Arusha. Evening you will meet your mountain guide for a short briefing about Mount Meru and equipment checking.
Day 1: Momela Gate to Miriakamba Hut
After breakfast, your guides and driver will meet you and transfer to mount Meru (Momela Gate) where registration formalities will be completed. After the registration, your walk will begin with full armed ranger escort. On the way, you will enjoy game viewings such as Elephants, Zebras, Giraffe, Monkeys, and Antelopes. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut 2500m.
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb.
You will continue hiking slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After lunch at Saddle Hut, you will take a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset. In the evening time, you will enjoy an early dinner to prepare for the summit night.
Day 3: Saddle Hut to the summit to Momela Gate
After light breakfast, at 12:00 am you will start hiking slowly to Rhino Point 3800m. You might reach the summit of Meru 4,566m during the sunrise. There is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. After photographs descend back to Saddle Hut for short rest, lunch then descends all the way down to Momela Gate. At the gate, our driver(s) will be waiting for you at Momela Gate to take you back to your hotel/lodge in Arusha.
- Airport Transfers (upon Arrival and Departure)
- Transport to and from mountain gates
- Clean, purified drinking water
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Accommodation for all days on Mount Meru (Hut)
- Camping equipment such as sleeping tents, mess tent, kitchen tent, sleeping mattress, table and chairs
- Mount Meru entrance fees/conservation fees
- Mount Meru Hut fees
- Rescue Fees and all taxes.
- Fair salaries for Porters, Cook, and Guides
- Emergency oxygen tanks
- International and local airfare.
- Optional tours
- Personal expenses example Laundry, beverages, etc.
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Items of a personal nature such as passport, visa, and traveler’s insurance.
- Sleeping Bags and walking poles.
- Tips for Porters, Cook, and Guide
For more information contact us today