Day 0: Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha
You will meet our driver(s) at Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO), and transfer you to the hotel or lodge in Arusha
Day 1: Momela Gate to Miriakamba Hut
After breakfast, your guides and driver will meet you and transfer to Mount Meru (Momela Gate) where registration formalities will be completed. After the registration, your walk will begin with full armed ranger escort. On the way, you will enjoy game viewings such as Elephants, Zebras, Giraffe, Monkeys, and Antelopes. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut 2500m.
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb.You will continue hiking slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After lunch at Saddle Hut, you will take a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset. In the evening time, you will enjoy an early dinner to prepare for the summit night.
Day 3: Saddle Hut to the summit to Miriakamba Hut
After light breakfast, at 12:00 am you will start hiking slowly to Rhino Point 3800m. You might reach the summit of Meru 4,566m during the sunrise. There is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. After photographs descend back to Saddle Hut for short rest, lunch then descends to Miriakamba for overnight.
Day 4: Miriakamba Hut to Momela Gate to Arusha.
After the last breakfast on the mountain, you will descend about 4 to 5 hours to Momella Gate to collect your certificates. Our drivers will be waiting for you at Momela Gate to take you back to the hotel or lodge in Arusha
- Airport Transfers (upon Arrival and Departure)
- Transport to and from mountain gates
- Clean, purified drinking water
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Accommodation for all days on Mount Meru (Hut)
- Camping equipment such as sleeping tents, mess tent, kitchen tent, sleeping mattress, table and chairs
- Mount Meru entrance fees/conservation fees
- Mount Meru Hut fees
- Rescue Fees and all taxes.
- Fair salaries for Porters, Cook, and Guides
- Emergency oxygen tanks
- International and local airfare.
- Optional tours
- Personal expenses example Laundry, beverages, etc.
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Items of a personal nature such as passport, visa, and traveler’s insurance.
- Sleeping Bags and walking poles.
- Tips for Porters, Cook, and Guide
For more information contact us today
You can also Book these Tours
6 DAYS MACHAME ROUTE
Machame Route is also known as the “Whiskey Route”. It is a more difficult route compared to Marangu’s route. Machame route is suitable for adventurous people who love camping. It is the busiest route on the mountain however the route does not have sleeping huts like Marangu. The route takes a minimum of six days but seven days is recommended for better acclimatization. Read more !
Marangu Route is also known as the “Coca-Cola Route”. The Marangu is the Headquarter of the park and the easiest route on the mountain. It is the only route which offers sleeping huts, suitable for tourists who don’t like camping. The route takes a minimum of five days however six days is recommended because you will have to spend an extra day at Horombo Hut which helps for acclimatization .Read more !