ILKUROT CULTURAL TOURISM
Where is Ilkurot?
Ilkurot is situated about 20 km west of Arusha town
The following is on offer under this program:
- A visit to a Maasai boma to see the traditional houses and lifestyle of the Maasai
- A visit to a Maasai holy tree where the Maasai offer sacrifices as part of rituals
- A traditional Maasai meal prepared by Maasai ladies. Delicacies include ‘nyama choma’ or barbequed meat, green vegetables, herbal tea, coffee, fresh milk, cassava, sweet potato, bread, eggs, and fruits.
- A five-day safari, during which you can hire a camel or donkey to view animals like Giraffe, Zebra, Rabbit, Hyena, Thomson’s Gazelle and dik-dik – and birds and watch the Maasai graze their cattle in scenic pastures.
- Watching Maasai dances, groups of artisans and their handicrafts, traditional healers and bee-keepers
- A visit to the Kilimamoto crater, Ngorora hill, waterfalls, valleys and Mt. Meru.
- Getting familiar with Swahili and Maasai terminology talks with local society members
- A visit to a Maasai women’s handicraft group that makes ornaments from beads and natural products.
Tours at Ilkurot can be divided into three excursion categories:
1:Half day walking tour
2: Full-day walking tour
3: Full-day walking tour
Three or five-day walking safari the visitor can choose any of the above options.
We also Invite you to Explore Other Cultural Tours. Karibu & Asante
Ilkiding’a Cultural Tourism